সম্পূর্ণ বদলে যাচ্ছে শিক্ষার্থীদের স্কুলে এবং পাবলিক পরীক্ষার মুল্যায়ন পদ্ধতি। প্রি-স্কুল থেকে ক্লাস ৩ পর্যন্ত শতভাগ মূল্যায়ন হবে স্কুলেই এবং থাকবে না কোন পরীক্ষা। ‘শিখনকালীন মুল্যায়ন’ মানে হচ্ছে ক্লাসের বিভিন্ন একটিভিটি, group work ইত্যাদির মাধ্যমে এই মূল্যায়ন করা হবে। ধীরে ধীরে বড় ক্লাসে পরীক্ষা চালু করা হয়েছে, কিন্তু নতুন ক্লাসে উঠার ক্ষেত্রে এবং পাবলিক পরীক্ষার নাম্বার কেবল মূল ব্যাপার হচ্ছে না।
আগামী ২০২২ সাল থেকেই শুরু হতে যাচ্ছে নতুন কারিকুলাম অনুযায়ী স্কুল এবং কলেজগুলোর যাত্রা। তাই এখন থেকেই শিক্ষকদের নতুন কারিকুলাম অনুযায়ী কীভাবে শিক্ষার্থীদের প্রস্তুত করতে হবে সেটা নিয়ে নিজেদের দক্ষতার উন্নয়ন শুরু করে দেয়া দরকার।
The course aims at improving teachers’ professional skills for teaching English by exposing them to and making them practice a range of teaching methods and techniques. It will also train them in delivering sessions for both online and offline lectures using technology. The practical approach in all teaching, as well as the exposure to technology, will make this course an exceptional training opportunity.
This will be the first online course on Special Education in Bangladesh. The course focuses on parents with special children and teachers working with special children. After a successful first batch of Effective Teaching course, TDI and LoH decided to focus on special and inclusive education.
During COVID-19, we have organized over 30 online workshops where more than 500 teachers and parents participated to learn a new skill or acquire knowledge in their area of interest. Some of these short courses and workshops are now available on Teachers Time platform.
If you are a school teacher, these are the 5 online short courses on Teachers Time that will help your career to grow.
৫ অক্টোবর আন্তর্জাতিক শিক্ষক দিবস। প্রতি বছর সেই উপলক্ষে বিভিন্ন প্রতিষ্ঠানের বিভিন্ন পোস্ট এবং স্ট্যাটাস দেখি। সব পোস্টেই শিক্ষকরা কত মহান, তারা আমাদের জাতির কাণ্ডার ইত্যাদি কথায় শিক্ষকতা পেশাকে অনেক উঁচু জায়গায় স্থান দিয়েছেন। এতো মহান পেশা, তো নিজেদের সন্তানদের কি স্কুল শিক্ষক হতে দিবেন?
For the first time in Bangladesh, Teachers Time launched 3 different 2-month long Professional Certificate Courses for teachers, educators and parents. To our surprise, we got amazing response from all over the country – from school in Rangamati to individual from Refugee camp. For the next 2 months, these 100 participants will receive rigorous online training from some of the best experts on Early Childhood Development, Teacher Development, English language course for teachers.
If your children are 8-10 years old now or even younger, by the time they will graduate it will be after year 2030. With all the technology at our disposal, we have absolutely no idea how the world will look like even in 5 years time. Despite being the huge uncertainty, we need to educate our children.
30% of today’s jobs will be extinct in 25 years time and 30-40% of new types of jobs will emerge in the market. Have you ever wondered what kind of skills will be required to get those future jobs? Are you preparing your children to be skilled enough to get those jobs?
Here is a list of 5 most important skills that children will require to cope with the changing job sector globally:
1. Creativity: Well, since most of the jobs will be taken away by AI, robot, machines (don’t laugh; that’s going to be the reality), your children need to be highly creative to be relevant in the job market in future. Our schools don’t do that currently, do they?
2. Complex Problem Solving: Huge systems, connected global web, software-hardware integration, big data, human behavior mapping are some current or future trends in technology and also in the job market. The more integrated the system is, skills required to solve complex problems are going to be more ‘hot cake’. Train your children from an early age to become a problem solver. Use puzzle, LEGO, imagination game, DIY games to improve both creativity and problem solving skills in your children.
3. Love and Skill of Learning: Anyone can learn anything from anywhere now a days. What’s needed is the love of learning and the skill of learning things faster and in more effective ways. With advancement in technology, your knowledge on certain things are getting obsolete day by day – simply because they are just a ‘click away’ from you. Make sure that your children become ‘life long learners’ and love the learning process. Only through ‘love of learning’ children can be multidisciplinary in future. The doctors may need to learn some engineering, the engineers may need to learn designing.
4. Emotional Intelligence: Here is the meaning of ’emotional intelligence’ for those who are thinking of Googling it. It’s the capacity to be aware of, control, and express one’s emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. In short, children needs to be highly intelligent in terms of communication, interpersonal relationship, empathy in a future connected world. It will be no surprise that people are working for big companies from a remote location in Africa or Asia. But they need to be aware of the culture, religion and other social contexts to develop any solution for people living in other countries.
5. Collaborative Learning: Work environment is going to be highly collaborative where a group of people will solve various problems through collective learning. It’s a skill that children need to learn at an early age at schools or home with siblings. Project-based problem solving at schools should be a key feature to develop this skill among children. Solo geniuses will be no more valuable in future work force.
So, that’s it. If you are a parent or teacher who wants to give the best future to your children or students, you should make sure that you are working on developing these 5 skill-sets among them.
Let us know what you think. Share your experience with us.
If you are a mother or father of a young child and you want him or her to be successful in life, make sure that you buy enough story books from an early stage. If you are a teacher in school, encourage your students to read more story books. Ask the parents to buy story books.
Buying a barbie doll or a remote controlled car doesn’t mean anything to your child’s brain development. It actually harms. Instead you can spend less and buy more story books.
So why it’s ‘super important’ that children read story books at an early age? Here are 4 main reasons:
Reading story books increase academic ability: Even if you are not a big fan of social scientists, you will still admit that reading story books help children in a numerous ways. Improving reading skill, learning new language (especially English, if that’s not your first language), learning new words, learning to make sentences etc. are just few academic abilities that vastly improve among the children who start reading story books at an early age.
It makes your child creative: Forget about iPad filled with amazing educational app to make your child creative. It’s the story books that have more power to unleash the inner creativity of your child. Story books open a whole new world to them that even the most amazing Disney animation will not be able to do. Researches suggest that it is harmful for your child’s brain development if they watch cartoon or play games on mobile device if the child is under 3 years old. Reading story books is the BEST brain stimulation exercise invented by human.
Story books make your child compassionate: Being compassionate is one of the most important characteristics to have. Story books often cover areas like helping others, being compassionate, caring for animals or environment. At an early stage, these issues are important to learn for a child. What’s the best way to learn than from a story book? And keep in mind that schools don’t teach them. Emotional Intelligence is going to be a key skill that will require in the future to get into better jobs that also develops through reading books.
Story books help your children to get jobs: Finally what matters most. You all want your children to have a good education and then have a good job. Right? In next 30 years, about 30-40% new types of jobs will emerge that we know nothing about. But you meant to educate your children for it. How do you do that? Reading story books at an early age will help your child to become a life long learner. It helps to become independent learner. Not to mention about creativity. These are few skill sets that these future jobs will require creativity and skills.
So, start buying story books and creating a habit of reading books for your children at an early age. And then sit back and relax to enjoy as the future of your child unleash with full potential in front of you.
Students learn best when it’s interesting, engaging and fun. And learning is all about using your brain. In recent times, scientists discovered amazing findings how human brain works and how people learn. Then why don’t we use the findings and use them to teach children in schools?