11 Rules for Engaging Students brain:
1. Make sure students know that brain can grow, change and get smarter.
2. Make sure students feel safe and valued. Then make it fun. Laughter release endorphins. This feels good.
3. Have students make prediction, Kids brain love this especially when they are right.
4. Make it visual.
5. Get students moving.
6. Get students talking.
7. Get students listening to you and to each other.
8. Help students make connections between what they are learning and what they already know.
9. Do something new.
10. Play music.
11. Repetition. Brain needs repetition to remember.